Have you noticed those amazing delicious, super-short cooking videos online? Me, too. They’re great, although finding them when I am ready to cook is less than super-convenient. So this book series is quite helpful and quite brilliant.
This particular book, Tasty Latest and Greatest, is a bit random, as it covers a wide range of recipes they’ve developed recently, although the overarching theme — doable, fun-to-make, and flavorful recipes — runs throughout.
Along those lines, describing the kinds of recipes in each chapter, or even what the chapter heading means, is a little difficult to sum-up. So, here are a couple examples of the recipes, from each of the chapters, that we’ve enjoyed and would especially recommend:
- Party – Chicken Satay Skewers, Jalapeno Popper Dip (So good!)
- Country Fare – Buttermilk Fried Chicken Sandwich, Mexican-style Pork Tacos (family favorite)
- Sweet – Giant Cinnamon Roll, Strawberry Cheesecake Macarons (some recipes are easier than others)
- Classic – One Skillet Chicken Pot Pie, Slow Cooker Beef Stew (easy and convenient)
- Vegetarian – Bakes Ratatouille, Peanut Noodle Pasta Salad (yum! love Thai foods!)
- Best Ever – Softest Sugar Cookies Ever, Cheesiest Garlic Bread Ever (they’re not kidding)
- Around the World – Chicken Tikka Masala, Sticky Pineapple Chicken (DH favorite!)
- On Trend – Southwestern Sweet Potato Toast, Zucchini-noodle Chicken Alfredo (OMG)
- Bombs & Rings – Cheeseburger Pretzel Bombs, Cheesecake-stuffed Banana Bread Ring (surprising and so good!)
As you can see, the book includes a wide range of dishes yet they are all really delicious for the flavors people like us are looking for today.
The book itself is well-bound, designed nicely, and the recipes are very well-written — clear and engaging. It would make a great gift for beginning-to-experienced cooks, too!